Responsible for strategic oversight, creation and implementation of innovative and effective marketing strategies to further knowledge, increase sales, and promote positive recognition for NFDA brands, products, services, members and the funeral service profession.
- Identify and implement segmented marketing approaches using metrics to evaluate effectiveness of strategies for programs, services and advocacy initiatives.
- Work with all departments to identify and fulfill their marketing needs.
- Supervise Assistant Marketing Manager and Art Director.
- Monitor and employ appropriate trends in marketing.
- Develop and execute marketing plans to promote NFDA products, programs, and services including, but not limited to, membership, educational programs, conferences, events, PAC, etc.
- Create and/or edit copy for electronic newsletter, emails, advertisements, and collateral materials used to promote programs and services.
- Support the goals and objectives of the association’s strategic plan.
- Manage relationships with outside contractors/vendors providing communication and marketing services.
- Develop marketing budget and monitor expenses against budget.
- Develop RFPs, as needed
- Seek and maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in funeral service.
- Represent the association at the Convention and other meetings, as needed.
- Promote and assist in carrying out the Associations’ mission, vision and goals in a manner consistent with the Association’s stated values.
- Exhibit flexibility while infusing, creative and innovative approaches to all projects and events.
- Participate in strategic leadership, management and special project teams, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Marketing or similar field along with 7-10 years of experience is required; a Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing or similar field preferred. A minimum of seven (7) years of communications/marketing experience, preferably in an association/non-profit environment, is required. Minimum of 7 years of experience in Communication and/or Marketing in a national capacity is strongly desired. Strong organizational, oral and written communication, attention to detail and proficiency in PC based environment utilizing Microsoft applications are essential. Must be a team player and able to build consensus with a diverse group of individuals as well as ability to meet deadlines, work independently and as part of a team. Some travel is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for a long time period, use hands/fingers to manipulate a computer keyboard, communicate verbally over the phone and in in-personperson and hear. The employee is required to stand and walk, and sometimes bend, twist, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch, grasp, and lift up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.