Responsible for developing and delivering NFDA continuing education (CE) offerings to funeral directors and other deathcare professionals. Identify and develop markets to build membership and client base through NFDA Educational programs.
- Responsible for conducting NFDA education programs, including in-person and web-based, as well as developing curriculum and training support materials.
- Assist in budget development and monitoring to ensure that all educational programs and services fall within established budgets, schedules and targets.
- Responsible for developing education related training materials, as well as publishing education related articles in NFDA’s Director Magazine and other publications as needed.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering presentations at state association conventions, NFDA’s annual convention and international conventions and meetings, as appropriate.
- Plan, schedule, implement, and serve as moderator for 8 to 10 live virtual roundtable events each year. Working with Director of Education, determine roundtable topic areas, select subject matter experts as presenters and provide guidance for specific content to be included. Secure all information required for CE approval from each presenter. Work closely with Marketing staff on promotional plans & requirements for each event.
- Develop best practices resources for NFDA speakers to be included in a “Speaker Services” portal on the NFDA website.
- Identify areas of need for continuing education and serve as subject matter expert in creating content for the development CE products in a variety of formats, including online, live web-based and in-person events. Develop performance support materials such as workbooks, digital resources, guides, job aides, etc.
- Working with the Director of Education, assume primary responsibility for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of selected NFDA face-to-face conferences. Collaborate with other departments including Marketing, Meetings, and Business Development to ensure effective communication throughout the event planning and implementation.
- Promote and assist in carrying out the Association’s mission, vision and goals in a manner consistent with the Association’s stated values.
- Exhibit flexible and innovative approaches while performing essential responsibilities and assignments and participating in strategic leadership, management and special project teams.
- All other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in communications, education or related field and a current funeral director license with 5 to 7 years work experience are required. Excellent public speaking skills, including experience delivering presentations to large audiences of 100 or more, are required. Familiarity with virtual event platforms and technology is desirable. Previous non-profit association experience helpful.
Candidate must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Office XP Windows environment. Outstanding organizational skills as well as effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Position requires an ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, an attention to detail and the highest degree of confidentiality. Must be flexible regarding work hours and ability to travel.